Investing outside the borders of South Africa enables you to benefit from opportunities that are not available locally. Glacier, by Sanlam, is offering you the chance to invest Globally without the risk of losing your money.
Extending your portfolio protects you from the risks of the Rand depreciating as well as political and economic risk. You have the option to be as involved with your investments as you wish, making your own decisions, or using Glacier International’s range of managed portfolios or discretionary fund management options.
You can invest in any combination of the investment options on offer, or in any of them individually. This offers you the ability to get a completely customised product for your own specific requirements, according to your level of risk tolerance.
Investing in shares is a great way to protect your money from inflation, as good shares generally appreciate in value over time. Your share investments, managed by our team of experienced stockbrokers, can also give you an income in the form of dividends.
Glacier International Stockbroking
This option enables you to invest in global companies directly. You can choose to manage the share portfolio yourself or have an experienced manager actively manage the shares on your behalf to optimise the growth of your money.
The minimum contribution is $150 000 (USD). There is no fixed period but a minimum of 5 years is recommended to limit the negative impact of short-term market fluctuations.
You have the freedom to transfer your proceeds from the sale of your shares to other underlying investment options within the same product.
- You get direct access to leading global companies carefully selected for above-average long-term growth by experienced managers
- You have limited involvement in administration. We collect all dividends and interest payments. We also deal with any corporate actions and exercise conversions, subscriptions and voting on your behalf
- You can monitor and view your portfolio online at any time
How does it work?
- You can select the shares yourself, or have the portfolio managed by an experienced manager, who will make all the investment decisions on your behalf
- Your money can grow over time-based on the performance of the shares
- You can also earn an income on certain shares through dividends and interest, which you can choose to re-invest
Understanding shares and risk
The risk level of shares is highly subjective and will change according to different views, events and circumstances. However, overall, shares have greater short-term price movements. It’s therefore important to stay focused on your long-term investment goals and to not act on short-term changes in the markets. Your share portfolio manager will take these risks and your risk appetite and financial needs into account.
We recommend that you speak to your financial planner for more details about the tax implications. Portfolios are held within the Global Life Plan, which means that capital gains tax only applies when you make a withdrawal. Income and all switches or other changes are not taxed while you are invested in the Global Life Plan.
Fees vary between investments. Please speak to your financial planner to make sure you understand which fees you pay and why.
Please get in touch with one of our financial advisors to assist you with any questions you may have.
We provide peace of mind.
Sanlam. (2020, Oct 28). International Stockbroking. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3e9U3w7